Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finding my Voice

Looking at this blog, you probably think I can’t make up my mind. I keep changing things.

Writing a blog is an amazingly complicated process. It is stretching just about every creative muscle that I have.

First there is the technical aspect. I used a template to get things started, but my blog looks lame compared to other ones, so I’m now tinkering to improve it. Then there is the design itself. I’m a writer by trade, not a designer, so I’ve never created a web banner until now. At first, I was happy to have something that was sized correctly. Now I’m trying to figure out what I am trying to “say” with the design.

That bring me to the most difficult part, “What am I trying to say?” Somehow I thought the words would be the easiest part for me considering that writing is my day job.

But this is different. I have freedom: the freedom to write about anything I want. Paralyzing freedom. I’m still trying to find my voice, yet with every change I make, this space starts to feel more like me.

Every day I learn something new that I want to incorporate. Sure I could have waited until I had more experience to get started, but if I’d done that, this blog would never exist.

Life’s about jumping in and trying things, learning as we go, and making sure every day brings new growth to our souls. Thank you to those of you, who were kind enough to follow me, and feel free to help me find my voice.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, I just got through with writing about something similar on my blog. I guess we are all in similar boats. At least we're trying. Yeah us! :-)
    And your blog is not lame in the least. Plus it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons