Friday, May 21, 2010

A Fleur-De-Lis Wedding Cake Topper Unveiled

fleur-de-lis wedding cake topper
My friend Caroline is getting married soon. Real soon. And she's in that hectic period where your to-do-list seems longer than the number of days left until the wedding. Yet I can assure her that for every stressor you face as a bride, there is something else that brings you joy. Hopefully, today I brought her joy by allowing her to cross one more item off her list.

Before Christmas she asked me if I would make her wedding cake topper. Her reception will be held at Muriel's in New Orleans, and she needed a simple, yet elegant topper that would fit the setting. For months we brainstormed, sketched, and prototyped. Today my part of the creative process came to a close as I handed over a beautiful New Orleans-inspired, black and gold, fleur-de-lis wedding cake topper.

Peeling away the protective tissue paper so she could have her first look was nerve-wracking. I poured my heart and soul into making it, and I didn't want to let her down. When I saw her smile, I knew that everything was okay. There is nothing quite like creating joy. That is what the creative process is all about for me.

Now the topper will be on its way to the next step of the creative journey as it enters the loving hands of the pastry artist. And then, after the wedding, it can take its place as a treasured keepsake in Caroline and Scott's home.

I'll keep you posted with wedding photos!

1 comment:

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons