Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold Weather Skin Care Treat

"Mermaid and Scallop" by Mandarin Moon

Here in Central PA warm ocean breezes are miles away, but a little coconut oil has me in a beach mood. My 40-year-old-skin is already feeling winter's wrath so I decided to treat myself to a little spa day. I melted a couple tablespoons of  coconut oil and rubbed the warmed liquid onto my dry skin. It feels heavenly and smells like a day at the beach.

I read a good post by Katlupe of Homesteading on the Internet about coconuts that gave me the idea:   Coconut is one of Nature's Healthiest Remedies.

About the photo: This is an Artist Cards Editions and Originals (ACEO). ACEOs are small, affordable, collectible works of art and can be made of any material. The only rule is their size which is 2.5" x 3.5" or the size of a baseball trading card. This one "Mermaid and Scallop Shell," by Mandarin Moon, one of the artists in the Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy, is available in her store.

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful way to give the skin more nourishment and life. I have been meaning to buy a coconut for that reason and for also adding it to my raw dishes. :) Happy to hear you found it useful and it helped. ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh sounds like heaven. I shall have to try that. Also good luck in your new job my friend,i hope it is all you hope for and gives you a wonderful new opportunity.
    I would like to use your work for the dezinaworld everyone wins challenge to display on my website so just popped by to ask your permission. Could you let me know if that is ok please ? Also just checking with everyone that they got their prizes ? again, please let me know if you did or not and if not i will send you the link
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons