Saturday, June 18, 2011

Doing the impossible is a state of mind

I am experiencing one of those times when my to-do-list has reached the "impossible" threshold. My week consisted of 3 days of strategic planning, a board of trustees meeting, and luncheon that left everything else untouched.

Every undone item makes me feel like I am slipping deeper and deeper into the realm of failure. Yet, just when I think, "I can't do this," I see something that reminds me that "I can" if I stop thinking about doing it all at once.

On my way to the office, I pass two things to serve as that reminder: a shrine of Saint Francis at the bottom entrance of campus (above photo) and a bulletin board display as I enter my building designed to motivate nursing students along possible career paths (photo below).The bulletin board has the most inspirational quote on it.

Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.



__Saint Francis of Assisi



The quote by Saint Francis of Assisi is a beautiful reminder that wonderful things happen one task at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this! Lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have to jot this one down to remember when my list reaches epic proportions!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this lovely quote. I now have it posted on my studio door.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons