Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vintage Valentine Day Pop Up Cards

Family Heirlooms: German Valentine's Day Pop Up Cards

Like so many of us, my great-grandmother saved her favorite Valentine's Day Cards from friends and loved ones. I'm lucky enough to have four of her vintage cards in my own keepsake collection. They are pop-up valentines that were manufactured in Germany.

I'm not sure how old they are, but what amazes me is that the construction techniques are those still employed in card-making, except now we have the added benefit of home die-cutting machines.



I found a wonderful online tutorial that shows you step-by-step how to make vintage-inspired cards like these ones. If you aren't a fan of music on blogs, you'll want to turn your volume off before you visit her site: http://joli-paquet.blogspot.com/2009/01/valentine-pop-up-card-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons