Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween Party Theme: Cowboys and Aliens



Cowboys and Aliens Halloween Party

Executing a Cowboys and Aliens Party

Our friend Lori knows how to execute on a party theme! Every year she hosts a mega party with a different theme. This was our first time attending, and I was impressed with her creativity. She makes most of the props herself which this year included a huge flying saucer and a western saloon.

Having a theme can certainly help direct stuck creativity. This Halloween party is a great example of that.

Bringing to Life a Western Saloon

Western Saloon Piano by Lori
Above is the coolest cardboard piano that I've ever seen. Lori starts on the props MONTHS before the party and it shows.

Cowboys and Aliens: Creating Costume Props


My husband Rob, also started on his costume props well in advance. That wrist blaster on Rob's arm is a pretty spot-on replica of the one from the movie "Cowboys and Aliens." It even lights up. He created it out of the Slurpee cups that 7-Eleven sold to promote the movie.

I have to admit that I did mine the week before so they are a little less pulled together. I decided at the last minute that I needed to add some "alien" aspect to my costume so I built upon my witch finger concept to create an alien finger choker and a creepy eyeball.

Our take on Cowboys and Aliens

Happy Day 4 of Art Every Day Month! Hope you got a little inspiration here today.
Explore more Halloween Ideas at Creative Sprinkle:
http://www.creativesprinkle.blogspot.com/search/label/Halloween

2 comments:

  1. Lori pulled together some terrific decorations and you two are no slouches with your costumes, either. Cool and creative wrist blaster (from Slurpee cups? WOW!)Witch Finger pendant and creey eye ball and eyeball, well....... a delightful creepy touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Very creative costumes!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons