Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Winter Wedding Cake Topper


I wanted to greet the upcoming winter season by creating a winter-themed wedding cake topper to sell in my Etsy shop. I’ve been tossing around some ideas for about a month, but nothing stuck until I saw a digital collage sheet offered by fellow Etsy shop owner Rainebeau.

This delightful snowman couple is from her vintage postcard collection. As soon as I saw it, I knew that with a few small alterations, I could transform them into a bride and groom on the way to their honeymoon escape.

The snowflakes are hand-stamped into clay, and I carefully cut each one out with a craft knife. While the process was time consuming, it allowed me quiet time to meditate on each shape. And just like with the real thing, no two snowflakes came out the same.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, what gorgeous cakes you create!

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog! Cheers
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for such an informative article. As a wedding planner in Gatlinburg, TN, I am always looking for great articles and tips to share with my brides. Please take a look at my website, http://www.everafterplanner.com , and let me know if you would be interested in a spotlight or the opportunity to be featured in my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons