Sunday, February 13, 2011

Peppermint and Lemon Pick-Me-Up

Peppermint and lemon pair perfectly as a pick-me-up.
There are some things that make me super happy when I inhale them. Peppermint and lemon oil  are at the top of my list.

When the afternoon slump closes in on me, I usually break out the peppermint oil. Lemon oil has a similar kick for me. And the two blend beautifully.

A little sniff works wonders. I like to add a few drops one or both oils to my shower in the morning. When I get to work, I add a few more drops to a small bowl of water, letting the gentle aroma drift through my office. I also love to clean with them.

Sometimes, when I'm really stressed, I take a big, deep inhale straight from the bottle. My coworkers see that and joke, "Oh no, Marie has the peppermint out."

My oil stash was low so I recently placed an order with my friend Liz for my two favorites. These beautiful babies arrived just in time. She even included an inhaler and a recipe blend to use in it. I keep it tucked in my purse.

Liz has a blog called The Fragrant Muse where she shares helpful information on using oils. You can also buy high-quality oils and accessories through her online store, Liz's Garden Aromatherapy

1 comment:

  1. Liz's oils save me everyday. Her peppermint is the best ever. I just got a new bottle. It's less sweet than most which is fantastic. YUMMMMMMMMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons