Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bowls and Vessels: a Worthy Challenge

Frolicking Pisces Bowl @ YoungCreative.etsy.com

Molding a bowl in theory is simple, but in execution it can get tricky. I've molded sheets of clay around the outside of bowls before, but for this month's Polymer Clay Artists Guild Of Etsy challenge, I wanted a different shape.

While perusing my china cabinet, my eyes landed on my seldom used martini glass set. That cone shape was perfect. I started picturing myself wrapping the clay around the outside when I hit a mental "oh shit" moment.

If I covered the outside of the glass, I wouldn't be able to remove the "bowl" because of the footed stem on the glass. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it actually took me a while to figure out that I could mold the bowl on the inside of the glass. Duh!!! 

The finished product is my entry in the Bowls and Vessels challenge.
Please hop on over to the PCAGOE site and vote. Voters can win prizes!!!
http://polymerclayartists.blogspot.com/2012/05/june-challenge-bowls-and-vessels.html

PCAGOE challenge entry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons