Tuesday, October 27, 2009

40s Glam Bath: The Early Plans


Inspiration shows up in odd places.
My siamese cat, Emily, is serving as the swatch book for a bathroom remodel that my husband and I are planning in February. Sleek black-gloved paws, silvery gray fur, and ice blue eyes make her a perfect model for a 1940s Hollywood glam theme.

We have been doing preliminary planning for the better part of the past year, but we are about to sign an installer this weekend. That means it is time to start locking in some details.

I created a virtual design board to start capturing our favorite ideas. Next step I’m going to attempt some 40s inspired art using photographs I’ve taken of some family heirlooms. I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

Inspiration sources for my board:

Fixtures from the Kohler’s Memoir Suite
Illustration from a 1948 American Standard catalog posted on Flickr
Hollywood inspired accessories from Marie’s Manor Decorating

UPDATE: The bathroom is finished! View the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh,a comment! How delightful.

recomendations

share icons